Who is the data controller for the information you provide us?
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, Main-Board LLP is the data controller. Main-Board LLP processes personal information in relation to its own staff, candidates and clients.
In case of any queries regarding the information we hold on you, please send an email to [email protected] or write to, for the attention of our Compliance Office at Main-Board LLP, 2D The Gateway, Fryers Way, Silkwood Business Park, Ossett WF5 9TJ
What kind of information do we collect from you?
Main-Board LLP will collect personal information about you, including but not limited to your name, address, contact details and any information you have provided to Main-Board LLP in relation to future employment such as your CV, references and qualification certificates.
On occasion, we may also collect sensitive personal information with your consent, for example, information relating to your health.
We will collect personal information from you by telephone, in person, in writing including all forms of electronic mail and through our website. On occasion, we may look at publicly available sources such as LinkedIn and other job boards, but we do not usually record any personal information. In the case that we do, we will contact you within the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
How is your information used?
First and foremost, we will use your personal information to help us provide you with the best possible service in our capacity as a recruitment and consultancy service.
Your personal information may be held, used, processed and disclosed by us for the following reasons:
- To provide our recruitment and consultancy services to you, as listed on our site and to facilitate the recruitment process.
- To answer your questions and enquiries.
- To enable you to submit your CV or apply online for jobs.
- To notify you about vacancies that we believe you may be interested in, where you have consented to do so and can unsubscribe at any time.
- To send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events, and general information about the industry sectors which we consider may be of interest to you.
- To send your personal information to clients in order to apply for/ assess your suitability for a job, where you have consented to do so.
- To match your details with job vacancies and to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you.
- To fulfil our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, for your future temporary employment.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- For internal record-keeping.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate.
- To enable us to send you targeted, relevant marketing materials or other communications.
- To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including carrying out customer satisfaction surveys and tailoring our website to enrich your online experience).
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
- From time to time, we may contact you to make sure that the information stored on our system is complete, up to date and accurate.
- To notify you of changes to our services.
- If Main-Board LLP and/or part of its business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to Main-Board LLP’s advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and new owners of the business.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including but not limited to references, qualifications, criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from a third party source and skill test results.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on behalf of Main-Board LLP and provide services to us, such as professional advisors including accountancy and legal firms, IT support and cloud based service providers. These third parties have to comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Main-Board LLP.
- To comply with our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations in connection with the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties or to verify your identity.
Our legal basis for processing personal information?
Our legal basis for the processing of your personal information is our legitimate business interests, although we will also rely on contract, legal obligation and consent for specific uses of data.
- We will rely on contract as a legal basis, if we are negotiating or have entered into a placement agreement with you or your organisation. In order to enter into a contract, we will need you to supply certain personal information as the contract will contain obligations on both your part and our part such as financial information to pay you.
- Certain categories of your personal information may contractually be required as per instructions of our clients. In these circumstances, you will need to provide such personal information. We, or our client, may not be able to enter into a contract with you if the information is not provided.
- We will rely on legal obligation if we are required to hold information on you to fulfil our legal obligations. There are some statutory and regulatory obligations which relate to businesses’ generally, for example complying with tax, bribery, fraud/crime prevention and cooperation with regulatory authorities such as HMRC.
- Where you have entered into a contract with us and refuse to provide any information required by law such as information and documentation to establish your right to work and verification of identity, we reserve the right to end our business relationship with you.
- We will process your personal information on the basis that you have consented to do so for one or more specific purposes. For example, you will have provided your written or verbal consent for us to use your information to receive specific marketing updates and to send your personal information to clients in order to apply for/ assess your suitability for a job.
- You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- The remainder of the processing is carried out under our legitimate business interests or the interests of a third party (client). We don’t consider any of the processing will prejudice you in any way and instead will help us offer a more tailored, efficient service for everyone.
- We consider it to be reasonable to retain records of our dealings and transactions to ensure our business runs smoothly and to provide the best service possible.
- We consider it to be reasonable to expect that if you are looking for employment or have posted your CV on a publicly available source, you are happy for us to collect and store this information to offer or provide our recruitment services to you.
- You have the right to object to this processing if you wish by sending an email to [email protected] . Please note, that in some cases we may continue to retain some information if we have an overriding business interest or legal obligation to do so.
Who has access to your information and where will it be held?
The information you supply may be disclosed to Main-Board LLP staff in the UK, and with your prior consent, agents and employers seeking candidates for employment. Your information will also be disclosed to people to whom we may transfer rights and obligations in connection with our business, such as professional advisors like accountants and to any organisations that provide a service to Main-Board LLP such as cloud based service providers, and who have agreed to keep your information confidential.
Our servers are all hosted from a datacentre in the UK which is ISO 27001 certified.
It is rare for information you provide us to be transferred out of European Economic area (EEA). In the case that the transfer of data is necessary to provide you with a service, we will notify you of the event.
How will Main-Board LLP protect your information?
The internet is not a secure medium. However, Main-Board LLP has put in place various technologies, strict policies and training for all employees to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorised and unlawful access, use, modification, destruction or loss. These technologies and policies, which are of the highest standards, are continuously improved.
Notwithstanding the above, it should be appreciated that no system is entirely fool-proof and you should be careful when you reveal any confidential information to any third party.
Main-Board LLP shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure the security of the data, but shall have no liability for any loss or damage, including for access to data, caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect the Client’s computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material through use of the Services.
How long will Main-Board LLP hold your information for?
We will hold your information for as long as it is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in compliance with our legitimate business interests as a data controller.
Some categories of documents we hold will need to be retained longer than others. How long we retain different categories of personal information will be based on the purpose for which they are processed and our statutory and contractual obligations .Other information will be held for no longer than is necessary to protect our legitimate business interests as a data controller.
If we obtain payroll details for temporary workers in order to process payroll, we and a third party will be required by law to store this data for up to 7 years.
How can you access, transfer, modify or request information to be deleted?
You have the right at any time to access a copy of or to transfer the information we hold on you. Main-Board LLP may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. This service is free of charge but additional fees may apply when obtaining extra copies of the information. If for some reason your request is denied, Main-Board LLP will provide you with reasons for doing so .We will also inform you of the supervisory authority you can lodge a complaint to.
Additionally, you have the right to amend, delete, withdraw your consent or restrict processing of the information which Main-Board LLP holds on you, subject to certain expectations. Where Main-Board LLP is unable to approve your request we will give you reasons for not doing so.
In all cases, we will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
Certain features on the Website are only available if you enable the cookie. Main-Board LLP also uses a cookie to assist it to provide information which is relevant to your interest.
You are free to decline Main-Board LLP cookies although that may impair certain features on the Website.
Your rights and choices
You have a choice whether or not you wish to receive information from Main-Board LLP. We will usually not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us prior consent.
We will use electronic profiling which involves human-decision making on our database to find jobs and opportunities based on your details. You may withdraw your consent or restrict Main-Board LLP from processing your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note, this may affect the services we are able to supply you.
Finally, it should be remembered that the General Data Protection Regulation provide certain rights for you including:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
A good explanation of your rights (in English) is available on the website of the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office. For more information please visit the ICO website – https://ico.org.uk/
At Main-Board LLP, we welcome your views and if you would like to contact us with any queries or comments on how we have handled your personal information, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write to, for the attention of our Compliance Officer: 2D The Gateway, Fryers Way, Ossett